Congratulations to all successful 2018 Bursars. A list of successful applicants has been circulated to all academic institutions.
Services SETA is currently conducting Inductions and Contracting for all 2018 Bursars which commenced on 16th February 2018 and ends on 13th March 2018. Dates and venue will be communicated by the institution
The Services SETA, as a key player in the development of skills in the services sector, is offering bursaries to deserving students who wish to study in 2018. The Services SETA’s bursary scheme focuses on educational programmes in the services industry, as well as in the educational fields that address critical and scarce skills in general. Having identified artisanal skills as essential for future growth and job creation, the bursary scheme also funds programmes for artisans in any trade a student may be interested in.
The funding may cover partial or full payment of tuition, books and accommodation for undergraduate and postgraduate educational levels. Terms and conditions apply.
Before starting your application, please take note of the following
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Current Service SETA bursary holders, You do not need to re-apply.
- Only qualifications from Public Institutions of Higher Learning are Funded.
- Minimum academic performance average of 50%.
- Check whether the bursary supports your intended field of study.
- Note the closing date for applications is EXTENDED to 15 January 2018 at 16:00pm.
- Please ensure you that the letter of acceptance from your higher institution of choice is submitted by closing date (15 January 2018 at 16:00pm)
- The acceptance letter will be required before funding is confirmed (Acceptance Letter applicable to first year students and returning students (from 2nd Year) must attach academic transcript
- The funding amount will be confirmed once the application has been approved.
- Services SETA reserves the right to determine the funding amount awarded to each student.
- Funding is paid directly to the institution of choice.
- No bursaries are available for private tertiary institutions.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Applications that are not 100% complete will not be considered. Please ensure that all mandatory documents are attached/uploaded.